Tuesday, February 22, 2011

P.S.

I lied in my last post.


I did have a moment of glory before the 2nd grade. It was in Kindergarten. I took piano lessons, and had to perform in the school piano recital. The piano teacher let each student choose what song they would like to perform from their song books.


I, however, told the piano teacher that I didn't want to play a song from any of my song books. I wanted to play my own song, one that has been passed down in my family for generations. (That may or may not be true, but my cousin did teach it to me.) So, I played the song for her.


The teacher listened to my song, and told me that piano recitals do not usually include singing. But, she could tell there was no stopping me, so she didn't put up a fight.


There is a home video of the actual performance somewhere, but I am far too lazy to go looking for it, so I have taken the liberty of reenacting my song for you. I do not own a piano, so I used an organ, which, believe it or not, was easier to come by than a piano in Isla Vista.






I know, I know, it's a masterpiece. This was a big hit at my piano recital, I swear. I stole the show with "I Dropped my Dolly in the Dirt". Oh, the glory days. 


P.P.S. This dynamic duo performs it much better than me. (Besides the fact that my piano skills are far superior...)

No comments:

Post a Comment